With a Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status. We at Air Immigration Inc. would be more than happy in re-uniting families by assisting in application processing.
The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa has come into effect on December 1, 2011, and will be valid for up to 10 years. The multiple-entry visa will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.
According to CIC, visas will be issued, on average, within eight weeks of the application. This means that instead of waiting for eight years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within eight weeks.
In order to be found admissible to Canada, the parent/grandparent must:
- Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold,
- Prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the period of time that they will be in Canada, and
3.Complete an Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
Who is eligible to sponsor a parent or grandparent
You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if:
- you’re at least 18 years old
- you live in Canada
- you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- you have enough money to support the persons you want to sponsor
- To show that you have enough, you’ll have to provide your proof of income.